Zend Framework (ZF) is a PHP5-based, object-oriented, MVC-compliant collection of professional PHP packages for web application development.
The framework includes support for a large number of databases, such as:
- MS SQL
The framework also includes support for a large number of development and testing tools, such as:
- JSON RPC server
- Travis CI service
- PSR-7- compatible HTTP message handling functionality
- PHPUnit for testing
- XML to JSON conversion.
Zend Framework is used by more than 184 million installations worldwide. It provides developers with a robust, easy-to-use way to develop and maintain modern web applications and services using a wide array of PHP language features.
The main vendor of Zend Framework is Zend, a Rogue Wave Company. However, since Zend Framework is an Open Source Product that is licensed under the New BSD License, it benefits from contributions from other parties, including major global software development companies such as Google, Microsoft, and many others. These contributors improve and extend the framework through new components, features, and interfaces for integration with 3rd-party web services and technologies.
KEY ZEND FRAMEWORK FEATURES
Zend Framework is highly extensible and customisable because of its complete compliance with a system of object-oriented programming concepts. The core features of Zend Framework can be summarised as follows:
- Fully object-oriented PHP5-based, E_STRICT compliant code
- Minimal interdependencies between separate components of the framework, allowing flexible adoption of the framework
- Support of MVC architecture by default
- Extensive support of various database management systems, including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL and others.
- Email handling services: POP3, IMAP4, mbox, Maildir.
- Powerful caching sub-system supporting various types of backends or file systems.
- Implementation of RPC and REST services, allowing creation and authentication of APIs
WHY CHOOSE ZEND FRAMEWORK
Whether you’re looking for a fresh, brand-new software solution or are optimising and upgrading a legacy application, Zend Framework is a good choice for the new project.
FULL EXTENSIBILITY OF THE ZEND FRAMEWORK
Being a truly object-oriented framework, Zend Framework is fully compliant with the OOP principles of inheritance and interfacing, making its components easily reusable and extensible for any specific purposes, and providing significant cost savings during both development and maintenance.
STRICT DEVELOPMENT STANDARDS
As an open source product, Zend Framework benefits from the efforts of a large and growing developer community. To manage the potentially significant variations in coding practices, Zend Framework uses strict test-driven development standards that every contributor must comply with, including a requirement to test all new code through unit tests (using PHPUnit).
LARGE NUMBER OF FEATURES
Zend Framework comes with many components providing functionality for specific scenarios:
- Development of authentication services
- Ensurance of access rights to various resources
- Development of various forms (using Zend Form)
NO RESTRICTION IN MODEL IMPLEMENTATION
Technically, Zend Framework does not enforce the use of any particular model (as in Model-View-Controller) architecture, which is the standard approach on many other PHP-based frameworks. Instead, Zend Framework, by design, treats each project (or application) as truly unique, making it impossible to abstract or generalise a “standard” model for all cases. This approach permits developers to choose and develop project-specific approaches and eliminates predefined limitations and restraints that are usually inherited from models of other PHP frameworks.
ABUNDANT INTEGRATION POSSIBILITIES
Out-of-the-box, Zend Framework provides numerous ways and interfaces for integration with 3rd party libraries and systems. But more importantly, the decoupled nature of the framework allows for easy integration with other software solutions even if they do not have a readily available interface.
ZEND FRAMEWORK AND FRONTIT
We have extensive experience in using Zend Framework for our web-based software solutions, including web applications, e-commerce solutions, or conventional websites.
Our team of skilled developers have many years of experience using Zend Framework and building Zend-based business solutions for our clients in different industries in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and other countries.
You can be certain that you will get the highest-quality code and a scalable and reusable Zend solution, all wrapped up in our fully transparent, Agile end-to-end project delivery service.
At FrontIT, we provide:
- Zend Framework-based web application and service development
- Custom development and extensions of Zend Framework
- Integration of Zend Framework into legacy software
- Consulting and body shopping of experienced Zend and PHP developers
WHY CHOOSE US?
We have delivered Zend Framework-based software solutions for many industries, to clients of many sizes in many different countries, and have acquired a high level of experience in adoption, application, and development of Zend Framework. Together with our in-house expertise in other leading software development tools, techniques, and products, as well as state-of- the-art project and quality management processes, we are prepared for building a solution of virtually any size and complexity.
- FrontIT has experienced Zend developers in-house
- FrontIT provides a bug-free warranty for its custom-built software
- FrontIT designs architecture, UI, and UX, and guarantees a high level of performance and flexibility. All in-house.
- FrontIT leverages its extensive knowledge of technologies and tools such as CMS, DBMS, coding languages, frameworks, and processes.
- FrontIT aims to provide the highest value for your money
Are you looking for top-quality Zend Framework-based development services? Look no further – let us prove to you why the list of our happy customers is constantly growing!
We’d love to hear your ideas and what you’re working on!
What does success look like for you and your company? Let’s find out together!Contact Us