NET Framework was introduced by Microsoft more than 15 years ago and serves as an open source
cross-platform development platform. More than 6 million developers worldwide utilise it for development of
web, mobile, gaming, IoT, desktop, cloud, and microservices software, while estimated 25,000+
developers and more than 1,700 companies contribute to the .NET platform.
The .NET Framework was designed to support building and running the next generation of applications and XML Web services, serving as:
- Consistent object-oriented programming environment independent on the location of storage or execution of an object code.
- An environment minimising software deployment and versioning conflicts.
- The platform building on all communication on industry standards and ensuring that that code based on the .NET Framework integrates with any other code.
- An environment promoting reliable execution of code, becoming of great importance in cases of unknown, untrusted, or partially-trusted 3rd parties.
- A base for avoiding the performance problems that frequently affect scripted or interpreted environments.
- Enabler of consistent experience across widely varying types of apps.
Core .NET Features
One of the key benefits of .NET Framework is its ability to work with a wide range of other languages newer and older programs, and systems, including those that execute outside .NET environment, giving businesses a unique opportunity to easily leverage their existing systems and technologies.
.NET Framework defines all possible data types and programming constructs independent of the programming language and therefore the software can be developed, integrated, and reused as long as it is written using any conforming .NET language.
.NET Framework design also enforces information type safety to prevent ill-defined conversions, wrong method invocations, and memory size issues, resulting in higher quality software products and minimising risk of software going out of service due to deeply hidden bugs while in production.
To maximise application performance, that is normally negatively impacted by modern, cross-platform interpreted languages, such as Java, .NET uses a caching mechanism of the executable program into .NET Native Image Cache to ensure faster application launches. Also, additional tools are provided to manually manage and perform ahead-of-time compilation and caching.
.NET Framework has been engineered to be cross-platform from the very start, despite the fact that Microsoft has never implemented the framework on any competing system. Therefore implementations of .NET are available and highly accessible for different operating systems, as well as official standardization that is available for public reference. This means than any party is able to create compatible implementations of the framework on any platform, as required by business.
With security issues becoming ever as important, .NET provides two major levels of security built-in: Code Access Security (CAS), and validation and verification (role-based security), as well as numerous techniques and a vast range of types in the security namespaces to help build secure code and create secure applications.
One of the most challenging areas when using older generations of programming languages, such as C++, was to ensure effective and efficient memory management, and failing to do that often resulted in disastrous and very time-consuming software bugs. .NET frees developers from the burden by handling memory management itself by detecting when memory can be safely freed, ultimately ensuring higher quality software minimising the risk of having operational down-times and data loss while in live environment.
C# and FrontIT
FrontIT has been providing development services based on the powerful Microsoft .NET framework for
more than 10 years. We offer a wide variety of .NET software solutions and services tailoring them
to each client’s needs, budget, and timeframes.
Our comprehensive .NET experience includes, but is not limited to, development of: ASP.NET, Windows Store apps, Windows Azure, Windows desktop, .NET mobile, .NET web services, .NET windows services, WPF / WCF / WF development.
- Experienced team of Microsoft.NET Developers
- Custom application development using .NET Framework
- End-to-end project delivery of scalable & effective solution
- Development using efficient Agile and Scrum methods
Why choose us?
FrontIT is a specialized provider of custom Microsoft.NET development services, starting from consulting and design, to development and deployment services, as well as the overseeing project management services for your .NET projects. Let us demonstrate to you why so many customers have already chosen us as their preferred .NET service provider.
- Fully customised and tailored solutions for you
- Experience with customers from Advertising, E-Payments, ERP, E-Commerce, Food Safety, Manufacturing, Logistics / Shipping, Consulting, Non-Government & public organizations, Retail, Telco, Travel & Accommodation and various other industries
- Continuous consideration and testing of new and emerging tools, technologies, libraries, and frameworks in .NET
- Consultancy and guidance by our .NET professionals helping you to define the right specifications, advising on estimates, and recommending functionality for achieving maximum value for your business objectives.
- Proficiency and experience in multiple various technologies, including those in cloud, desktop, and mobile environments.
- Proven track record of successful delivery of .NET solutions to our existing customers.
- Test Driven Development approach to provide best results and highest quality.
- Predictable and controlled delivery through adoption and utilisation of Agile/Scrum practices.
- 24/7 technical support via various communication channels such as Skype, email etc.
- 100% IP & Data Protection
- 100% confidentiality via the NDA
Let's get in touch
Sankt Annæ Plads 11
1250 Copenhagen, Denmark
Saltoniskiu st. 34a
LT-08105 Vilnius, Lithuania